May 28, 2013

To Bali and Back

Photos from my month around Bali... 
Looking down from the cliffside at Uluwatu

The rocks during low-tide at Padang-Padang

A flower from my friend's garden in Denpasar 

Some surfboards available to rent at Kuta Beach 

The rice fields around Ubud 

A monkey at the top of Gunung Batur 

Sunrise on Gunung Batur 

Sunset at Lovina Beach

Sunrise at Lovina, the last fishing boat coming in with the day's catch

The wall of a temple in Ubud 

Above the clouds at Gunung Batur

This is me just after I made it to the top of Gunung Batur

The body of a member of the royal family of Ubud being cremated within a casket representing a cow 

A temple in Ubud 

My friend Sam and I visiting the temples around Ubud 

The door frame of a temple 

A family temple 

The daughter of the family I stayed with while on a home-stay visit in rural Bali 

The best lunch I've ever had- bali guling (suckling pig) at Ibu Oka's in Ubud. It's pretty much the only thing on the menu, and it's a big portion of rice served on banana leaves with spices and sweet sauce with pieces of pork on the side. 

A picture of one of the decorations for the funeral/cremation ceremony in Ubud

Walking along the streets of Denpasar 

My friend Sam and I, getting together after 7 months! 




No comments: